Sunday, May 17, 2009

Muffins and Eurovision

Somehow my evening has culminated in a combination of

this:

(from cbc.ca/)



and this:



Yum! Lemon muffins with raspberries from www.smittenkitchen.com/. I made a half batch and only just pulled them out of the oven.

I am also, right this moment, watching eurovision. I like Moldova for her dress and crazy backup dancers. Estonia for the cute fringes and the whole all girl string quartet deal. Israel also get props for their drumwork. And then there's Armenia's hilarious combination of a trashy dance/pop song and



(from eurovision.tv)

Jump it!

such amazing outfits... but it's nothing really compared to the Ukraine's entry. Men in roman headdresses pulling along a crazy drumming lady. I wish I could find a photo. But for some reason what I saw only seconds ago with my own eyes doesn't seem to exist...

My favorites though are Portugal. Who doesn't love cute hairpieces and acordians?

(from eurovision.tv)

Gah. I squished their faces trying to make the picture smaller. Stooooopid.


Then of course there is Germany with their interesting swing inspired song. Oh the pants! SO shiny. But the men's pants were made up for by the women's. And by the special guest:

(from cbc.ca)

The line up the back of her stocking was made of GLITTER!


Unt here by ze grace of ze magic button, is ze wiener!

(from http://freshmess.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/alexander_rybak_2.jpg)
NORWAY

I'm so lame......

(for my visual accents not for watching eurovision)

No comments: